Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bringing in the sheaves

OLAAAAAAAA familia + amigos!! (:

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN CRAZY. And by crazy I mean the best in every way possible! It was my first full FULL week here in Northville, Michigan and I am just eating it upppp I love it so SO much! It's insane how much I love it here and the people I am meeting left and right every day, totes cray. But I love it (:

Okay few things real quick to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS MICAELA JEAN ANDERSON! I can't believe you are all the way over in Taiwan but I hope you have an AMAZING birthday and I love you x infinity! Even if you do cut your hair (;

Also...I'm writing you all letters today because I finally will have time to, but real quick:

Ruth- How did your first race post-Annabelle go?!
Anna - How did your tri go?!
Daniel - How are your competitions going? I don't even think I know what your theme this year is for band, what is it?

+ Daddy + Mama - YES I HAVE A COAT. Meaning no actually, I don't have a real nice coat, haha. But I have plennnnnnnnty of cardigans and sweaters and the Relief Society President told me to wait + if I stay another transfer (when it'll really start getting cold) then she can take me to the thrift store again to get a bigger coat. I got some scarves and gloves though so I'm set for my morning runs when it is definitely the coldest, lol. But I'm good!! I promise! And no llama-riding....we're in a car area! (: My companion and I really want to bike though, at least one or two days, so we're going to ask for bikesnext Saturday or something I think because it's easier to contact that way. But I'll never drive...unless I train out here. Since I'm a visa waiter. Sad day #imissdriving. But I LOVE my companion so it all works out...and I am in control of calling people/finding directions/changing songs on the ipod in the passenger seat so it all works out (;

OKAY onto this week! Wheeeee (: I love fall! Happy official first day of autumn (yesterday!). I am so so blessed to get to finally have a fall back in the midwest for the first time in four years...yeesh. It is GORGEOUS with all the leaves changing left and right!

Okay, recap time for the week. First, you should all go look up the song that is the subject of my email. Because one of our elders had it on his ipod and they sang it to us and now its this big inside joke because it is such a loud and proud kinda song hahaha. We switched ipods with the elders this week just so we could listen to it, hilarious. Also, if I'm still in the States during my birthday/Christmas I may send my ipod home and as a present ask if you could load it up with some more good music. Vocal point and acapella stuff (Anna maybe you could ask Sean for some good references for me? :). We can listen to anything good and "spiritually uplifting". Gospel stuff is great, too. (: We just have a LOTTTTTTT of MoTab and not a lot of anything else. Lol.

Okay! Okay okay okay. Lol. This week was WONDERFUL (: Monday we went thrifting with Sister Sessions (RS President) and then had FHE at the Thompson's house (the OSU family! :) LOVE THEM. We talked with them about faith from the book of Matthew and watched a really neat Bible video frommormonchannel.org. Check out the videos they have there, they're really neat!

Tuesday we had s'mores and a bonfire at our investigator's house, I'll call him Rick. Basically he's trying to quit smoking so we gave him this awesome 7-day plan that isn't from the church but the church endorses because its apparently 100% effective if people follow it to a T. Well, we were talking to Rick and it somehow came up that I was a cheerleader back in the day and I told him that we would call him every night to check in and see how he was doing and make up a new cheer for him every night if he was able to go the whole day without smoking! He got a hoot out of that and so he asked "Well what's my cheer for today, first day?". And I just pulled out the first thing that came to my mind: "Rick, Rick, he's our man, if he can't quit....then...no one can...!!?" Hahhaa. We all got a good laugh out of that, and I promised I'd work harder on our cheers. Which actually have now evolved into raps because raps are way easier than cheers. We're calling him every night and talking with him and he messed up one night and smoked...ahhh...heart breaking, seriously. But right after he told us, he looked right at us and said, "But it's Day One again. I'm not going to do that again." So we're mega proud of him and are praying for him so he can kick this habit! We've taught him everything now so we're just waiting on word from President Gerber so he can be baptized, because he wants to but there's still a few more things we have to work out. He's incredible. (: Also, I love s'mores. But I love the Gospel even more! (:

Wednesday we went to go do service at a member's house who is struggling and oh my gracious, I never thought pulling weeds could be so rewarding...until you look at a huge flower bed and realize literally ALL THAT IS THERE is WEEDS so we uprooted like EVERYTHING but this little rose bush and made such a huge difference. We filled up like, 4 huge lawn bags cleaning up her yard and shared with her a scripture 3 Nephi 17:21that talks about the concept of "one by one"....the Lord cares for each of us individually and that really touched her. It is so true, He loves us EACH individually, it's crazy. I love it. All day, every day! We also did some service for another 2 members, the DeRoisa's who were getting ready to move to Texas. We helped them move stuff out to the truck with our Elders (Bytheway and Whitney) and they gave us Hungry Howie's pizza for lunch which was mega yummy...but then we went to a lesson right after that where we weren't sure if they were feeding us dinner or not...but they were! And it was...Hungry Howie's pizza. Lol. Needless to say, I don't think I need pizza for awhile. (: But it was still mega yum.

Thursday we visited the Munsons - Elliot's grandparents. It was kind of a miracle we even got to see them, because we stopped by and they weren't home. And so we went to talk to their neighbor for a bit before leaving, and then as we were saying bye to the neighbor, the Munsons pulled right into their garage! So of course we headed on over and I just awkwardly walked up and was like... "Are you related to the Adairs?" and long story short they said YES and let us right into their home and we talked for like 20 minutes inside their cute home and it was just so neat to make that other connection! And hear some funny stories about Elliot when he was a kid (; haha. I shared a spiritual thought with them and then Sister Cutler all of a sudden goes "YOU HAVE A PIANO!?" and then long story short from there...we've been looking for a piano to practice a musical number we (Elders Bytheway, Whitney and Sister Cutler + I) are doing for our ward on October 20thand she asked if we could use it to practice and they graciously said we could!! #miracles. just MIRACLES left and right! So we went back on Sunday (which was another miracle in and of itself because the Elders originally had an appointment at 5pm...that cancelled on them...so they were able to come practice with us!) aka yesterday haha and practiced there for an hour and it was the best! Our accompanist couldn't come so it was kinda rough haha but the Munsons are AWESOME and Sister Munson even gave us each a bottled water which we needed by the time we were done practicing haha and we shared with them something that I wanted to share with all of you: 1 Nephi 17:12-15, which talks about the Light of Christ. I had studied that during my personal study in the morning, and then we ended up talking about it in Relief Society, and THEN when I started sharing this thought at the Munson's, Elder Whitney said he had studied that passage just this morning, too! Crazy crazy and meant to be! So all of you should read it (: basically just know that Christ is a light in each of our lives, and if we follow Him, even just in the smallest ways, by lighting even a tiny little candle, the darkness in a room goes away and we are able to step forward, slowly, step by step. We can be led even just by that tiny little light - praying, studying, reading our scriptures, going to church, and so on. And as we do those things that help us come closer unto Christ, our light gets brighter and BRIGHTER until it fills an entire room - and then we can open the door in our room and let others in as we share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them, and allow their lives to get brighter and brighter, until the entire world is beaming with LIGHT! What a gorgeous picture that paints (: We ALL have a light inside of us, we just need to let it shine forth and touch the lives of others. Don't take it and hide it - show it for the world to see!

Okay time's up. But last miracle is finding one of our investigators, Raymond. Here's an excerpt from Sister Cutler's email:

So Miracle of Miracles:
We had not been able to find Raymond and couldn't get a hold of Eric (another investigator) to help us find raymond so we were kind of worried about that... and then we were at the Park teaching Roger and we were just about to say the closing prayer and guess who walks up!?|!|! none other than Raymond!!!!!! Amen Halelujah!!!! it was awesome!!! and so than we talked to Roger and Raymond for like 30 mins and we were able to get Raymond's address because he lost his phone... but we are going to go see him tomorrow! It was really neat and it helps strengthen my testimony about planning because we had planned to meet Roger at that park at that time the Lord was able to place Raymond in our pathway at that time!!! It was super neat and we are so excited for Raymond and the potential he has!!!!

SO CRAZY! The Lord knows us and knows where we are! The Church is TRUE ladies and gents (: LOVE YOU ALL!!!

OKAY LAST THING. this was hilarious. sister cutler and i were sitting in the car and were getting ready to go talk to a less active recent convert (yes, she's both). We're trying to think of something super spiritual to tell her to help her with what she's going through right now. So Sister Cutler says "let's do Alma 17:11" but i flipped open my scriptures to Alma16:11 and started reading it out loud...and basically moral of the story is this was the first time i had cried since being in the field because i was laughing so hard thinking that my dear trainer Sister Cutler wanted to read Alma 16:11 thinking this would be a feel-good scripture. LOL. I'm dying now at the library thinking about it. And so is Sister Cutler. But it's time to go hahahahaha.

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! CPR - go to church, pray, and read your scriptures! It'll bring out that light in you! (:

xoxox!!!

Sister Sarah Elizabeth Kron
#michiganiteforlife

No comments:

Post a Comment